The District of Delaware held its annual FBA luncheon today. The presentations were wonderful, as usual, and covered the typical topics. Here are some of the notable points from Chief Judge Connolly's presentation:
- The state of the Court is excellent, and we are back to having a full bench.
- The Court will be doing even better next year, when Judge Andrews is planning to take senior status but continue to take cases, which will effectively give the Court an additional judge.
- The nomination process for filling Judge Andrews' seat once he takes senior status next year is proceeding "expeditiously."
- The Court remains very busy:
- It's the 4th busiest court by weighted case volume, although two of the higher-weighted courts …