The Delaware Supreme Court recently announced their expectation that they can safely return to jury trials in June, noting the recent decline in COVID-19 cases. They also announced that the 2021 bar examination for will be administered remotely.
Trials Set to Proceed
- 4/5/2021: JHL Pharmaceuticals, LLC v. PuraCap Laboratories, LLC, C.A. No. 18-553-MN (D. Del.) (contract action before Judge Noreika): This was previously set for multiple jury trials and has been consolidated to a single trial. The Court has been pressing the parties for updates regarding settlement.
- 4/26/2021: USA v. Tyshaun Blue, C.A. No. 20-63-RGA (D. Del.): No change.
Trials Canceled or Changed
- 4/5/2021: Adams v. Klein, C.A. No. 18-1330-RGA (D. Del.) (§ 10(b) securities/fraud action before Judge Andrews): This has been converted to a bench trial. The Court excused plaintiff's local from in-person attendance.
- 4/12/2021: K2M, Inc. v. OrthoPediatrics Corp., C.A. No. 17-61-RGA (D. Del.): Canceled, after Defendants filed a letter citing current CDC recommendations against travel due to COVID-19, and after the Court held a teleconference. The Court scheduled a follow-up conference for May 15, 2021.
- 4/14/2021: Joseph William Luster v. PuraCap Pharmaceutical, LLC, C.A. No. 19-1522-MN (D. Del.): Consolidated with the related JHL action above.
- 4/26/2021: USA v. Omar Morales Colon, C.A. No. 17-47-LPS (D. Del.): Canceled, for reasons that appear to be unrelated to COVID-19.
That's it! It looks like there are no other jury trials scheduled for April—not yet, at least.
[Note: If you came here via Google, see our most up-to-date posts under the Trial Calendar tag.]